Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Elemental Shaman ??

HellsBellz > Peon (3) > 25/01/09 00:24
Hello people,
how's even possible to get this amount of DPS by yourself only ??

I mean, i'm hunter and after nerf at 3.0.8 i'm able to max my dps to MOSTLY around 3k im not good geared tho0
. But this elemental shaman goes pretty fine i think -.- was elemental shaman somehow boosted or what ?! Because i only saw them maximally in top 7 DPS.

(it's guildie of my friend)
http://rapidshare.com/files/188919792/DPS_0002.wmv.html
does LootFTW have elemental shaman also ?! How is HE going ?
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 25/01/09 04:34
I'm pretty confident that if you are hitting expert training dummies, with chain lightning hitting multiple targets while under the effects of heroism, a food buff and an elixir, you can get some huge numbers like that, like a lot of other classes would do. Yes, we have an elemental shaman, yes elemental shaman damage has received a much needed buff, no that video is not representative of elemental DPS and last but not least our WWS logs are very much public. Crystal clear, hopefully.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Kalashi > Frequenter (257) > 25/01/09 08:44
Even with the gear our elemental shaman's dps is not really really high, you can say its "competative" now since it was very low at the beginning of wotlk and elemental shamans didnt scale verywell with endgame-gear. that video didnt work for me but Im guessing from Tristan's post its from targeting dummies which should never be compared to a raid situation where different fights favor some classes over others.

One more thing that might have added to shaman's dps is the removal of threat generation for magma and fire nova totems which are doeing "decent" aoe damage now.
HellsBellz > Peon (3) > 25/01/09 10:44
I mean pre-patch he was surely not on top's DPS but now he's almost every fight doing top 3.
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 25/01/09 12:50
HellsBellz wrote:
I mean pre-patch he was surely not on top's DPS but now he's almost every fight doing top 3.

Elemental dps is about on-par in 25-man raids right now. It used to be horrible, but now elemental shamans are competitive for spots all over the top-10 dps list depending on the fight, given that all other things are equal (gear and raid buffs, mainly).

Are we talking about 25-man raid fights, 10-man raid fights, 5-man heroic boss fights, trash fights, overall data, or even solo-dps?

Don't forget an elemental shaman brings most of the buffs they themselves can benefit from in a large raid to the smaller fights like heroics, while most other classes depend more on buffs that might not be present. This is very noticable in 5-man fights, and even moreso in solo dps (like on test dummies).

Additionally, the changes to elemental in 3.0.8 means they have a lot more burst damage capability. The revised elemental mastery gives the shaman gets 20% more crit for 30 seconds. When used in combination with heroism, and the change in talents that give the shaman +10% damage-after-crit, things really add up.
Any fight under a minute will heavily skew the dps in favor of the elemental shaman. A sample size of that 30-second-long burst will be even less representative of actual sustainable dps. Look for 25-man fights that last two minutes or more for a fairer comparison.

Lastly, check if the shaman that does excessively high dps in your opinion does not have better overall gear than the other people that dps. I don't know if you're comparing your self-proclaimed 'not good geared' to a similar level of gear. Some changes to the other classes (rogues for example) have left them doing subpar dps when compared to all classes in general, but the problem there is not the buffs elemental was given, obviously.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
HellsBellz > Peon (3) > 25/01/09 13:54
Of course the DPS depends on the encounter.
This topic was based on pre-patch vs. 3.0.8 elemental shaman.
Also, i wasn't about to focus the DPS on exact fight of 25m 10m or even trash fights ( tho the video is most prolly focused on this ).
I was about to show the improvement for the elemental class.

And , you have to agree with me, it's SIGNIFICANTLY improved. Elemental shaman wasn't viable DPS pre-patch, now it is !

Also, i'm not representing this movie please keep that in mind, i don't know what he wanted to show, but maybe - burst - ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE1cMDxRAqw
vs
http://rapidshare.com/files/188919792/DPS_0002.wmv.html
By the way, yes, elemental shaman basically boosts himself as main priority since Oomkings have aura. But they still have the totem of wrath ( which is around +100 spellpower and 3% crit chance to raid casters l this might be wrong l i dunno what's the exact difference )

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: