Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > First

darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 28/06/08 16:57
to make a post about diablo 3. It looks nice.
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 28/06/08 17:10
first to make a post about diablo 4. I'm guessing it will look nicer :p

But yeah D3 does look very cool. Any info on release date as i've not seen anything
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 28/06/08 17:22
bellator wrote:
first to make a post about diablo 4. I'm guessing it will look nicer :p

But yeah D3 does look very cool. Any info on release date as i've not seen anything

Well, the statement in the FAQ that they won't state a release date.

It appears to be true to the original diablo as far as gameplay goes, battle.net grouping, random generated maps. It's easy to deduce that it'll be another session-based multiplayer game at the core, and not an MMO. Not that that's bad, I quite liked the other Diablo games.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Kristian > Frequenter (354) > 28/06/08 17:41
Diablo 3 is gonna be the single greatest thing that ever happened to computer gaming.

[Click for signature]
by Quixoz
Kheldan > "I TRIED MY BEST" (221) > 28/06/08 18:06
The diablo games cater to fans of braindead clicking and repetitive gameplay. And looking at videos, Diablo III will be just the same. Graphics looks nice though.
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 29/06/08 00:36
Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kristian > Frequenter (354) > 29/06/08 01:46
Kheldan wrote:
The diablo games cater to fans of braindead clicking and repetitive gameplay. And looking at videos, Diablo III will be just the same. Graphics looks nice though.

Contrary to World of Warcraft, which isn't repetitive at all.

[Click for signature]
by Quixoz
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 29/06/08 10:04
Kristian wrote:
Kheldan wrote:

In fact, the average repetition in both games (grinding mobs) was more entertaining in Diablo than in warcraft, mainly because -everything- had a chance of dropping something you might want. And you could do everything solo if you wanted it just gave you a lower chance on the good loot.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 29/06/08 10:37
Skwittle wrote:
Kristian wrote:
Kheldan wrote:

In fact, the average repetition in both games (grinding mobs) was more entertaining in Diablo than in warcraft, mainly because -everything- had a chance of dropping something you might want. And you could do everything solo if you wanted it just gave you a lower chance on the good loot.

Like WotLK?Razz
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Kristian > Frequenter (354) > 29/06/08 12:32
Skwittle wrote:

Exactly. That's what makes Diablo more entertaining when it comes to grinding mobs.

[Click for signature]
by Quixoz
shaeltal > Frequenter (324) > 29/06/08 14:34
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 29/06/08 14:43
Calling it braindead is also very wrong.
The amount of hours people have spent theorizing over that game, and the insane results it has given in terms of power increases and the near endless working skillpoint-builds and gear combinations people have made should be proof of the contrary.
Kheldan > "I TRIED MY BEST" (221) > 29/06/08 16:51
I never called the fans braindead, but playing the game is click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click *ooh shiny*.
Doing this in one of five levels (Diablo II) over and over again is repetitive.
Personally the series has never been a favourite of mine. The game recieves less attention from developers than any other Blizzard game, and the previous titles has also been developed by a different production team (that since the latest Diablo installment has quit their jobs at Blizzard to make the "hit game" Hellgate: London).
However, and perhaps luckily, new people are working on Diablo III, and they seem to have set the bar higher.
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 29/06/08 16:59
Kheldan wrote:
I never called the fans braindead, but playing the game is click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click *ooh shiny*.
Doing this in one of five levels (Diablo II) over and over again is repetitive. However, and perhaps luckily, new people are working on Diablo III, and they seem to have set the bar higher.

Well, there's now a skill bar. I doubt the skills will be as diverse as that in WoW, but I doubt they won't bring over simple concepts like auto attack from their experience in WoW.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 01/07/08 14:06
Seen it, got the T-shirt, quite literally. Very Happy
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 01/07/08 14:54
Borg,

Were you there for the closing ceromony? I was expecting some other interesting information on wow/d3/sc2 to come from that, but from what I can find there are no write ups of this. Anything interesting happen in it?
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 01/07/08 17:07
The closing ceremony was devoid of any game information, but frankly, it doesn't detract from the fact that the closing ceremony was absolutely mindblowing. A full orchestra playing Blizzard music, a solo piece of Requiem of the Highborn. Level 70 Tauren Chieftain was also pretty amazing, although rock music is really not my thing.

I had a hands on with all the games there, alot of time with SC2 and WoTLK - obviously D3 was only announced, and it is far away from a playable state. One thing I would like to report is that WoTLK is a long way from Beta in my opinion, the zones feel very empty and spartan, there are alot of bugs, in virtually every facet of the game as it stands. I presume you are interested in anything relating to the Paladin, well, the talent trees have yet to be created, but Tom Chilton announced that Deathknight, Paladin and Warrior would want the exact same stuff as each other for a melee DPS role.

With regards to the event structure, it was somewhat difficult to get airtime on important topics, since they let retards who said "I find the non-heroic content too hard" have airtime. Additionally, apart from Nihilum, I found noone who had killed Kil'jaeden. The Nihilum guys were somewhat dismissive in nature until I said that we had killed him, then they became defensive over their raid performance. The reason they failed was because they had character copied from a PvP realm to a PvE realm and thus could not receive Totems/Battle Shout et cetera. Before you ask, /pvp did not toggle correctly.

As for interesting stuff, well, I was there primarily to enjoy myself and have a good time, which I did, one of the best experiences of my life infact. However, all that merriment cost me the ability to think straight. Wink

I spent a lot of time with a professional photographer (not press, police pathology work) and she will hopefully send me the photos so I can make a proper post about the event. My only real regret was that there were no other LFTW guys there, it would have been a great opportunity to meet each other.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: