Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > And it's out !

Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 02/02/08 05:19
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=61387

Pretty nice, though I think I like his Nax movie better.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 02/02/08 09:14
Pretty damn cool. Minus for having a tank with MH warglaive tho, and for using Linkin Park.
Lavi > "I TRIED MY BEST" (179) > 02/02/08 18:03
ye i realy enjoyed this movie
Chasy > WANNABE TROLL (1482) > 02/02/08 18:15
Nice editing and stuff, but I absolutely hate non-UI videoes, if it's not a machinima.
Retired gnome
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 02/02/08 18:24
Well, true but that's Jacks style I guess, he is more interested in making them impressive, feel more like real movies than a game which may not be the case of course but it is still a very good narrative experience for someone that won't even see all those bosses.

What puzzles me is what kind of PC he is using to get that footage, he is obviously running WoW on full settings and although you don't need a super PC to do that, achieving that kind of fps in raid encounters with a lot of high-detailed spell effects is surely not that easy.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Chasy > WANNABE TROLL (1482) > 02/02/08 18:28
High quality fraps footage can be achieved quite easily. First of all make sure you are saving the video file to another hardrive, which itself results in quite some FPS gains.
Also, running WoW in a lower resolution, thus enabling Full Size in Fraps, not only makes the video crisper, but your WoW can also run smoother with nice video settings.
Retired gnome
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 03/02/08 15:57
Dual-core CPU's allow recording upto silly resolutions, up in the 2000x2000 ranges. I play in 1280x1024 and the resolutions seems very nice indeed. Back when I was in Khadgar's Rage during Naxxramas I had to reduce my screen resolution because FRAPs didn't record that high.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: