Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > @ frost mages - frost mages raiding

Partemis > Peon (1) > 16/07/07 11:04
Loot FTW mages seem to have stayed loyal to frost (albeit arcane/frost) for raiding. Although frost seemed the most popular school for raiding before TBC, many are now choosing deep fire as the highest dps spec (in many cases with support from spellfire set). I love being frost and was wondering a few things:

1) Any reason for your preference to use frost in TBC?
2) There are some discussions around deep frost vs arcane frost. What do you think can do more dps? Any particular reason for you to choose arcane/frost as your main spec for raiding? Does the extra crit% (>30 in raids) with spellpower make the difference?

I can see with arcane we crit hard, have the extra int and spell dmg. But some would argue that int with buffs, SP, mana tide should not be an issue. Also that the multipliers deeper in the frost tree would make up for that.

Edit: Saw some answers in topic: "Hey guys a few questions I have."
Leaves me with deep frost vs arcane frost. Single target. Is it gonna beat Arc/Frost?

I am just a casual player, but trying to get the most out of the gear available to me - Running heroics and just starting Karazhan.

Regards
Partemis - Steamwheedle Cartel (EU)
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 17/07/07 14:18
They are both comparable now, really a point of preference. Arcane gives longevity, Frost control. You decide.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: