Username: Password:

Forum Index > Interface AddOns/Modifications > FPS and Latency "fixes" & some useful Addons.

Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 30/11/09 01:07
FPS Fix.
Quote:
We're going to increase the amount of memory used to cache WoW textures in your video card which will reduces your loading time and increases your fps in bloated places.
First you need to know how much memory you have on your video card (If you have no idea DL a program at http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1698/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.3.7.html and pick the number in the Memory Size box).
We're going to allocate half this value to textures caching meaning:
(X/2) * 1024 * 1024 = YOUR MAGIC NUMBER
Where X is equal to your displayed video card MB (or Mega Octet if you are French)
You can allocate more memory than this (never allocate more than 512MB) but if you overflow your video card, the system will use its own memory instead meaning any benefits will be lost.

The ingame command is /console texturecachesize YOUR MAGIC NUMBER
Example: I have a 256MB video card, the command I'll be using is /console texturecachesize 134217728

NB:-You have to reboot the game for the change to take effect
-I'm not 100% sure of the vocaburaly I used but I'm sure some IT nerd will correct me if I'm wrong somewhere
-Go back to the base value if you have any problem (/console texturecachesize 33554432)
-The command is being changed to /console gxtexturecachesize ABC for 3.3, ABC being this time the value in megabyte directly (no longer need to convert)

Hope this helps.

Latency Fix.
Quote:

1. From a command prompt (usually in All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) run “regedit”

2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

3. Browse the items under interfaces until you find one that has an IPAddress entry matching the network interface you want to
affect (typically LAN IP addresses start with 192.168 or 10.0); note that if your IP address is automatically assigned by a DHCP server you may need to look for a matching DhcpIPAddress instead of IPAddress

4. Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TcpAckFrequency”

5. Right-click the new TcpAckFrequency value and select Modify, enter “1″ (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

6. Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TCPNoDelay” (note that TCP is all uppercase this time – that’s intentional)
7. Right-click the new TCPNoDelay value and select Modify, enter “1″ (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

8. Verify that both TcpAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay now show up in the adapter’s property list with types REG_DWORD and values 0×00000001

9. Exit regedit and reboot (reboot is necessary for the changes to take effect!)

10. Play a game and enjoy your new low ping
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 06/03/10 09:20
If you've had your combat log die on you then you might consider either of these: CombatLogClearer or Combat Log Fix
Both do the same thing, although CombatLogClearer is a bit more rough as it cleans the log constantly, not only when it locks up.

Although if you use the default combat log to check for "What happened to me?" then you probably don't want to use either.
Jegermage > "I TRIED MY BEST" (94) > 06/03/10 18:03
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-1.21.html
Konflict > TROLL (1504) > 06/03/10 18:17
The console texture size thing is something you have to do every time you log in?
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 06/03/10 22:23
Konflict wrote:
The console texture size thing is something you have to do every time you log in?

Check if it places it in the config.wtf file, basic game variables get saved in there, if at all.

But I would assume so, considering the instructions mention having to restart the game for it to take effect in the first place. Smile
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Teddybear > "I TRIED MY BEST" (132) > 14/03/10 21:27
Awsome, can really notice a difference with the fps fix, the latency one I had from before. Thank you
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 17/04/10 16:17
I sometimes get these spikes (sometimes result in DC, sometimes not) that seem to be network related, but vent & latency show no problems. This started after I switched from XP to Win7.

Discovered these two fixes in another forum, so they will maybe fix the issue.
Either way, can't hurt to try them.

Tweak Nr.1:
Receive Window Auto-Tuning

Tweak Nr.2:
Multimedia Class Scheduler

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: