Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Void Reaver movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Nolth > "I TRIED MY BEST" (93) > 15/04/07 12:33
Skwittle wrote:
Achron wrote:
Let's say Voidreaver is the pinnacle of blizzard's "fu melee" campaign.

My vote goes for Leotheras.

Agreed, no boss says "fuck melee" like Leo
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 15/04/07 13:53
I have no clue about Leotheras :X He's the guy that looks like illidan right?Razz
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 07/05/07 00:57
I guess that Blizzard decided that after 2years of doing it from behind, its just fair and square that rogues get buttraped too :p
Fifty > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (824) > 07/05/07 08:45
I'm actually laughing how wrong can people be about bosses or they just want to screw with our minds, done both Void Reaver, with no AR, and now Leotheras, and imo, Sartura was worse, rogues still top dps, not to mention when 2.1 comes.
Anda > "I TRIED MY BEST" (112) > 07/05/07 11:02
Fifty wrote:
I'm actually laughing how wrong can people be about bosses or they just want to screw with our minds, done both Void Reaver, with no AR, and now Leotheras, and imo, Sartura was worse, rogues still top dps, not to mention when 2.1 comes.

Richard ftw Very Happy
Fifty > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (824) > 07/05/07 13:00
Q F fuckin T.

Playing at all Anda or have you quit completely?
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 07/05/07 13:04
Fifty dont lie about your location!
Cyosis > GUILD MASTER (1337) > 07/05/07 13:18
Fifty wrote:
I've seen the movie, altho from Shinzon's ''little raid preview position'', and knowing all the abilites, i really can't believe there can be such a boss, so devastating to meele dps, giving us no choice, but to get what, full Arcane res gear LOL? or GTFO from the raid if we don't need loot and just forget he exisist?

This is why. People being sheep, people concluding from a movie, which is from a tank perspective, that rogues will not be able to dps on this fight. Not having a clue what he does to ranged dps or how his aggro works. Look at the forums look around.
Trial of the Naaru: Mercy , omg you can't do this with a rogue you need three mages and similar whine with which you are willingly getting spoon fed. And people buy it and spread it without ever testing or thinking themselves. So before you laugh at all those people look at what you said in the past and laugh at yourself first.

Having that said there are some serious issues with rogues. You speak about Sartura being worse than Leotheras. I guess you never tried him before the warlock tank tactic was the general accepted one and used a warrior instead. And it was under these conditions that Leotheras was declared the worst melee encounter ever which it is if you don't use a lock. Even so unless you stop dps when he whirlwinds your best casters should still be able to beat your best rogues. Although good rogues in a proper group should still be able to get into the top 5. The rogue situation is not as dire as the forums want to make you believe.
The point people are making is that unless rogues are consistently number 1 dps by a fair margin, as they were in the past, the raid slot is wasted. Hopefully 2.1 will fix this.

I checked the TAD webpage and saw some damage meters with locks being below hunters and what not (he probably died). Our locks pull 1100 dps on Hydross for example can you as a rogue do the same? I think not, but feel free to prove me wrong.
Mouz > Peon (11) > 07/05/07 14:03
with enhancement shammie but it's possible Wink
http://www.juggernautguild.com/wws/wws-20070417-2041/index.html
Kishra > Peon (37) > 07/05/07 14:24
Mouz wrote:
with enhancement shammie but it's possible Wink
http://www.juggernautguild.com/wws/wws-20070417-2041/index.html

wtf, how are melee top DPS on Hydross? Unless maybe they're counting damage to Hydross and not the AoE...
Cyosis > GUILD MASTER (1337) > 07/05/07 14:26
Most guilds don't use aoe.
Fifty > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (824) > 07/05/07 16:02
Shinzon wrote:

Fu you still haven't come to visit me so you don't have a clue yet!

On topic tho, so many stuff to reply to so basicly to start off, yes we do constantly get our asses handed to us by a lock or a mage, but as a class rogues are still all 4 within top 8, we don't miss raids, the only class that doesn't and were still valued highest dps, which in TBC is ridiculous, shadowpriests, warlocks and mages are a brutal combination any half sane person would use to the max, but hey you gotta go arround with what you got anyways, so we indeed don't AoE Hydross, neither we tank Leotheras in Demon form, simply went with a lock cos he had full FR and it seemed too easy.
The lurker ss warlock indeed did die, but the easy rogue positioning makes us unbeatable in that fight i'd say, healing through and not getting tosses about in water. Morogrim on the other hand is something impossible to counter obviously can't counter that ammount of AoE, that's the only ''one-rogue'' boss i'd say okay to. To sumarize, yes imo the raid state you meet Sartura in compared to Leo is worse, rogues should be used more then they are, seeing 0-1 per raid in some guilds, imo is the least unfair, on some encounters a dps loss, for the sake of balance it shoudn't happen, but its prolly my rogue ranting anyways.
A thing i noticed lately, most recently when inspecting Method rogues, is blue fucking gear, crappy gear choice and ''im gonna make my PvE gear suit me for PvP'' kinda attitude i meet from some people on EJ aswell, ofcourse it ends up in downfall of the class in that guild.
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 07/05/07 16:31
Fifty wrote:
Shinzon wrote:

Fu you still haven't come to visit me so you don't have a clue yet!

Might come soon cos i need to get to the US embassy for my visa Smile
Pero > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (687) > 07/05/07 20:01
Cyosis wrote:

Ye most guilds dont have papaks like Shael and Djuro, so they can banish the adds successfully Razz
<3 Barcelona!

I pinch!

Shaeltal is gay!
Revus > "I TRIED MY BEST" (50) > 07/05/07 22:48
Pero wrote:
Cyosis wrote:

Ye most guilds dont have papaks like Shael and Djuro, so they can banish the adds successfully Razz

PAPAK
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 08/05/07 10:37
Melee DPS is np if you have Pero to load up a big POH for them!!
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 08/05/07 12:04
Shieru wrote:
Melee DPS is np if you have Pero to load up a big POH for them!!

With emphasis on big, loading and poh!
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 08/05/07 13:28
haha owned pincher Very Happy
Fifty > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (824) > 08/05/07 16:09
Having just killed Void Reaver, with 3 wipes, thats 3 toomany i'd say, the only reply possible i guess is to scale him with Flamegor, Fankriss and Grobbulus and i'd say it's a fucking tough close decision, only boss and raid state taken into count.

On topic of meele having it hard, i hope some rogue/warrior could reply how you do it, and by somewhat closing the topic with this reply, having gone over the ''rogues have it fucking hard'' whine bosses.
I'd say this is a fight where ranged has it hard. Simple as that. No arcane bomb's, pounding warning > 1 step back out of meele range > 1 step in, rinse and repeat, the fucked up and annoying part was being daggers and forgeting to bring a sword tho.
I can't say ''imagine being a fire mage with the boss fire immune'', because you switch and do well, less dps, but your play style doesn't vary from the 2 button spam?, altho i might be wrong, nevertheless as a dagger rogue with him targeting bomb so fucking much, by 90% you are doing more sinster/shiv's and ripping your hair out then ever beforel, cursing the damned ''You must be behind your target'' spam :<
Masterblade > Peon (2) > 30/05/07 13:01
which Song is nr.1? i Forgot it Sad plz tell me Smile

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: