Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Fallout - New Vegas

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 22/10/10 16:39
Anyone playing it? I'm going out to get my copy now! Shit will be SOO cash! Just sucks I have an examn next week :p
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 22/10/10 18:24
I have exams next week too. So I gonna DOWNLOAD it after my last exam. I see no point in buying a game that don't have multiplayer.
Hps > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (522) > 22/10/10 18:34
Kazzim speaks the truth.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 22/10/10 18:51
Console baby, console!
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 22/10/10 18:52
Oh and, weren't you going to develop games? Lets hope your future customers dont agree! Very Happy
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 22/10/10 20:16
Yes I am Darchon Razz Hopefully I will not develop singleplayer games.
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 23/10/10 16:50
I am playing ofc, and exams are so 2009.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 23/10/10 17:07
Lyyk wrote:
I am playing ofc, and exams are so 2009.

What, they kicked you out of school? How is unemployment treating you?
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 23/10/10 19:46
Unempolyment pffffft, I own stuff.
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 23/10/10 21:02
I've been playing it, (PC) without much problems, had some issue with FPS around npc/enemies but a player-made .dll fixed that. I've heard console versions are pretty buggy so you might want to wait for patches (plus it will be cheaper).

Pretty much the same as Fallout3 which isn't a bad thing, although there seems to be many more quests that require x speech/barter skill to even complete which is annoying. Whatever you do don't put points in survival.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 23/10/10 22:55
Just as the previous game, the graphics motor seems fairly bad (playing it on ps3). Often getting framedrops/short lockups, which is annoying. Apart from that I haven't seen much bugs, some bad ai but not gamebreaking.

So far the only parts that require skill x seem to be the optional bits for me, but then agan I haven't played that much, and I tend to not play very progress-oriented anyway Smile

Whats wrong with survival? Not spent any in it yet, but was planning to!
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 23/10/10 23:23
The food recipes require ingredients you never find, on top of that you get tons of food/cooked food from quests/exploration so you can spam it for HP regen (which you'll have to do in hardcore). Really don't waste points in it.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 24/10/10 01:19
But doesn't it also increase the regen you get from all sorts of food? Maybe I misread, but think it says that.
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 24/10/10 01:35
It does but that doesn't matter cause of the amount of different food items you get, you can pop extra food items to make up for the difference in regen.
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 24/10/10 11:37
Aleo wrote:
Pretty much the same as Fallout3 which isn't a bad thing, although there seems to be many more quests that require x speech/barter skill to even complete which is annoying.

Fallout 2 had a chunk of content that you needed very high speech for, but if your social skills were low the dialog options never appeared. In fallout 3 the dialog options still appear, but you cannot choose them so it is a lot more obvious. I guess they also added more of this type of content judging by what you're saying.

It compares to various D&D rpg computer conversions where you miss half the game's dialog if you use charisma and to a lesser extent mental stats as dump stats in order to boost your physical ones.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 24/10/10 16:11
This is getting super annoying now, I have 8 quests that need 35/50+ speech or barter (I have 15 so skill books aren't enough) and even more that require speech/barter just to start. If you want to do lots of quests, do yourself a favour and put points into speech or barter from the start. (get it to 75 as fast as possible)
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 24/10/10 17:43
Dont forget that stat boosters also give you higher skill, use mentats and alcohol to get those last points.
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 25/10/10 01:27
I am high enough level now (17) to put all points into speech, so i've managed to finish the speech q's.

There's a point where 75+ science will let you skip a chunk of the main story quest at the cost of losing a ton of exp/quests, but at the same time there are so many options/choices to what you can do. I recommend you start making multiple save files once you make it into Vegas Strip so you can do all the options if you want.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 25/10/10 17:12
Haha, this is priceless.. So, i need to convince this guy to do something for me, what do i do? Before speaking with him, I drink a bottle of whisky, put on my pyjamas and pop some chems.. And it works.
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 28/10/10 15:05
Finished the game following Mr. House, and holy crap is the last "fight" hard (you can speech it to avoid it). I was stuck for hours until I had to find a spot where I could attack without getting hit back. Bring LOTS of armor pen ammo (and lots of normal ammo) and make a separate save before you start the final mission (you won't be able to go back and you'll definately need to save during the final mission).

On very hard difficulty it seems you need high level (25+)/best armor+guns and the best choices of weapon spec +perks (eg 75+ guns/explosive with all +crit/dmg perks) to even stand a chance, other than breaking the AI like I did, I have no idea how to beat that fight normally, unless I'm missing something or if there's a weapon/spec that makes it easy.

edit - I suppose you can use nuke gun, but just remember to bring it along if you end up unable to kill it normally. A crap ton of mines/c4 will probably work too.

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: