Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Diablo III

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 21/04/12 21:07
I've played all but the witch doctor to 10+ now, and barbarian and monk seems to be significantly more powerful than the rest. Things will hopefully balance out better as more combinations of skills and runes are made available at higher levels.

I was pretty certain that I wanted to play demon hunter, but now I am not so sure. It seems like a pretty safe choice for not dying a lot, but the dmg output seems to be lacking.

Anyone else rethinking what they wanna play after this beta?
fimpina > "I TRIED MY BEST" (246) > 22/04/12 10:00
I'm not sure, my first hunch was to go with a witch doc, but I didnt find it do fun throwing bottles with spiders the first couple of levels. I liked the wizard though and I think teleport will be a nice skill to have if its anything like in d2
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 23/04/12 13:42
As teleport has a 20-something cooldown (which i guess you can reduce by 30% with a passive skill), i doubt it be anything like in d2. More like a oh-shit-im-surrounded-time-to-get-the-fuck-out-tool.

Myself ill be goin DH for sure. Even though the dmg was utterly awefull untill lvl 11, after that i was gaining on the barbs. At 13 i guess i was more or less doin the same. The main reason ill be goin DH though, is the playstyle - I had a blast playing it.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!
Halbarad > "I TRIED MY BEST" (153) > 13/05/12 00:57
Incase anyone missed it,

We became aware of an issue affecting the previously available German and EU English versions of the digital install downloader for Diablo III, which would not download all the necessary files. If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in these languages before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.

1. Obtain the new Diablo III digital downloader using the links below
2. Point the download save at the same directory as before
3. If you chose the correct directory only 50MB will need to be downloaded to fix your install, otherwise you'll re-download the entire ~7.6GB

New EU English Installer
New EU English Installer (Mac)
New German Installer
New German Installer (Mac)

Whether you repair your previous install or download the entire game again, it's necessary to use this new downloader to install and play the game when it launches.
------------------------------------
So if you have the current installer in say

G:\Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer\

you'd download the new installer, and tell it to use G:\, it'll then scan and download the last 50 meg (taking awhile for the last 4 meg to be done)
Tyllo > "I TRIED MY BEST" (182) > 13/05/12 14:49
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tke3n/diablo_3_megathread_everything_you_need_to_know/

This link contains a lot of Diablo 3-related information that could be useful for some. In particular I remember someone asking whether you could change which of your binds were responsible for which "category" of spells - it seems you can!

Quote:
In your gameplay settings: Turn on elective mode Turn on advanced tooltips
Normally each of your 6 skill slots are restricted to a particular category of skills. For example, Mouse1 is only for primary skills, Mouse2 is only for secondary skills, and Slot1 is only for defensive skills. Elective mode removes this limitation and allows you to assign skills from whichever category to whichever slot. You can assign a primary skill to both Mouse1 and Mouse2, for instance.
ㅈㅈ
Talz > Frequenter (272) > 14/05/12 13:28
To buy, or not to buy, Diablo III...

Convince me you guys, what's so good about it?
Ravengaar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (837) > 14/05/12 15:52
Tallorine wrote:
To buy, or not to buy, Diablo III...

Convince me you guys, what's so good about it?

kill diablo before he kills you!
nazrm > Frequenter (480) > 14/05/12 17:30
You can install it now !

23:32 Adnade- Naxx for me was like, the best instance ever.
23:32 Adnade- Especially c'thun
Kristian > Frequenter (354) > 14/05/12 17:33
Need 1-2 players to play with from 00:01.

My friend Mark (old Public Enemies player) and I and possibly a third friend are gonna pull an all nighter. Let me know if any of my LFTW bros wanna join up. We're planning on going Wizard and Monk.

[Click for signature]
by Quixoz
shaeltal > Frequenter (324) > 14/05/12 17:53
installed and ready to go. wont be ingame before tomorrow after work though Wink
Talz > Frequenter (272) > 14/05/12 18:54
I fucking hate you guys... I bought it.

As long as it's installed in time I'll be around for a few hours tonight to play. Will probably go Wizard but could be swayed otherwise

If you're not planning on doing an all-night haul hit me up Talz#2511
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 14/05/12 19:44
Will definitely be up for some grouping over next few days.

How exactly does multiplayer work with the game being linear. Can you only group with people at exact same act / level you are on?
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 14/05/12 19:52
bellator wrote:

How exactly does multiplayer work with the game being linear. Can you only group with people at exact same act / level you are on?

All quests are repeatable, at least they were in the beta. Meaning you can group with people with less progress, still getting decent xp from completing the quests. How/if it works when you join someone who are further progressed, I do not know.
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 14/05/12 21:45
Wich class shows the most skin?
Talz > Frequenter (272) > 14/05/12 22:46
Wai R no-one on vent?
Tyllo > "I TRIED MY BEST" (182) > 17/05/12 03:21
bellator wrote:

Progression-wise, you can go as far back as you want, so the person that is the furthest ahead can go back to help those behind.
ㅈㅈ
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 22/05/12 12:13
So anyone past act 2 inferno without skipping/cheesing? Getting one shot with 36k hp sucks.
Kazzir > Guest () > 22/05/12 12:19
Go Wizard nub
Nyantik > Frequenter (476) > 22/05/12 18:49
Aleo wrote:
So anyone past act 2 inferno without skipping/cheesing? Getting one shot with 36k hp sucks.

my monk dies in like 2 hits Sad
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 23/05/12 04:53
My group has been working on Belial in inferno, but he is pretty fucking hard.

Sitting at 7k armor, over 50% on all the resists and 60k hp, and he still more or less oneshots me.

Page 4 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: