Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Star Wars: The Old Republic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 10/07/10 10:27
Aleo wrote:
So whats the appeal of this game exactly? WoW but in star wars universe?

You said it yourself.

But this works to;

Quote:
Star Wars which means Jedi, Sith which is obviously badass. Not only that though but you have Bioware making it, possibly the only other company i trust to make a decent mmo other than Blizzard. The fact they are taking their sweet time with it too only goes to show how good it will be.

On a more personal note, its Sci-Fi, the genre I love the most. Its Star Wars, the movies/games I watched/played millions of times when I grew up, not to speak of all the books Ive read, it just cant fail in my book. Hopefully it can take a cake of the playerbase from Wow and not be totally shit, which Wow almost looks like sometimes compared to the past (from a personal playerview funscale).
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 10/07/10 18:46
The investor/business estimate is at 2million subscribers, so sounds like they will take some WoW subscribers. Watching the gameplay trailer the combat looks exactly the same with global cooldowns, ability spam and positioning play, so maybe they want a easy transition for WoW players.
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 11/07/10 20:24
Don't forget that a big plus is that it's a completely new experience, with new mechanics, gameplay and quirks to learn.

But yeah, let's hope that bioware manages to deliver the same level of quality from their previous games in a mmo shell.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Alayn > Frequenter (325) > 12/07/10 11:51
Leaks of the first test: http://www.leakerz.com/wp/2010/07/10/star-wars-the-old-republic-first-beta-gameplay/ and http://www.leakerz.com/wp/2010/07/11/star-wars-the-old-republic-beta-screenshots/

The videos are very low quality since EA removed the youtube videos fast (and i expect the guy banned from tests too Razz) , <3 smuggler class.. i'm so going to play this game Razz

Edit: the entire site is suspended now.. bioware/EA whined Razz Anyway the only classes available on this test was smuggler and trooper.

Last edited by Alayn on 12/07/10 15:05; edited 2 times in total
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 12/07/10 12:39
Need moar Consular vids Confused
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 12/07/10 14:49
Give more leaks!
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 12/07/10 23:23
lapin wrote:
Give more leaks!

Some screenies were reposted here, vids seems to be gone by now.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
PurpleQueen > Peon (1) > 13/07/10 16:50
Alayn wrote:
Edit: the entire site is suspended now.. bioware/EA whined Razz Anyway the only classes available on this test was smuggler and trooper.

Ouch! Forum owners must be alarm on posting unauthorized videos but still wondering if there still leak videos? I’m still waiting for the email but it seems I will not get this time, better luck next time. For those who saw, how is it? Rank it please..
wow gold
Merc > Peon (28) > 13/07/10 17:48
The first round of beta is for North America users only. Dunno why.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 13/07/10 18:46
Aleo wrote:
So whats the appeal of this game exactly? WoW but in star wars universe?

The "MMO formula" seems to be: Similar, but new content.

People want something they know, with content that is fresh. Why else would WoW expansions sell like they do? :p
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 13/07/10 19:48
[quote="darchon"]
Aleo wrote:
Why else would WoW expansions sell like they do? :p

Because the competition never presented a compelling "solution" (challenge or reward wise) when it came to endgame content, especially for the casual player. Bioware is taking this slow. 4 classes to start with (easier to balance than to introduce a two-digit number of classes), see what happens and take it from there, assuming subscribers get hooked. More time to presumably work on the quality of content too.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 13/07/10 22:49
Tristanian wrote:
darchon wrote:
Aleo wrote:
Why else would WoW expansions sell like they do? :p

Because the competition never presented a compelling "solution" (challenge or reward wise) when it came to endgame content, especially for the casual player. Bioware is taking this slow. 4 classes to start with (easier to balance than to introduce a two-digit number of classes), see what happens and take it from there, assuming subscribers get hooked. More time to presumably work on the quality of content too.

You misunderstand, I'm saying wow expansions sell so good because they are basically just more of the same, new content in a familiar context. Just like every other mmo out there, except WoW does it better.

Last edited by darchon on 14/07/10 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Alayn > Frequenter (325) > 14/07/10 17:45
Smuggler video: http://rutube.ru/tracks/3407506.html?v=5c5e54ba90d0c30f56ecfd93b1572b9d , ignore the crap AI. Nice cover system!
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 14/07/10 20:59
Alayn wrote:
Smuggler video: http://rutube.ru/tracks/3407506.html?v=5c5e54ba90d0c30f56ecfd93b1572b9d , ignore the crap AI. Nice cover system!

I noticed that the quest(?) interaction near the end wasn't a box with a wall of text, but a conversation system that they have copied directly from Mass Effect, radial choices and all.

Also, the player moved around like I do and bunnyhopped everywhere. Unwatchable. Smile
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 15/07/10 00:57
Yep, basically all the conversations (that we have seen so far in gameplay vids) are like that. I do agree that the AI is ridiculously...alpha :p
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 15/07/10 17:23
CHEST HIGH WALLS
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 17/07/10 16:46
Smugger sucks, give ligthsabers!
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Kristian > Frequenter (354) > 28/07/10 12:22
Republic ftw!

[Click for signature]
by Quixoz
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 27/08/10 19:23
2 more gameplay videos :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZZLRcqb4bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVbprz8mRyk
Nihilius > Peon (17) > 23/12/10 19:01
I am definately going to play it allready have saved some cash for a colectors edition ... SW geek wtf : /

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: