Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Starcraft

Goto page 1, 2  Next
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 28/07/10 16:36
So, even tho I wasn't planning on getting it at all, due to my horrible self-control, I am now waiting for my copy of the Collectors Edition of SC2.

What I'm wondering is, how good was the campaign for the first game? Since I'm buying sc2 mostly for the campaign, should i play thru the first campaign too? Time is not an issue Smile
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 28/07/10 17:23
Sc1 campaign was decent enough, storyline was good although it was a little too easy. Can't remember brood war that well
Caladwen > "I TRIED MY BEST" (154) > 28/07/10 17:32
The campaign is the best one you'll ever see in a RTS. What Asatar said is true though, some bits of it could've been more difficult. Then again, SC is mainly a multiplayer game.
"It is your commonplace, featureless crimes which are really puzzling, just as a commonplace face is the most difficult to identify."
- Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle
Lenko > Frequenter (367) > 28/07/10 17:43
Broodwar was kindo hard i though. Might be because i was like, 4months old when it was released though. Its worth a play through imo, even though its old its pretty stellar..
- Carrying Feidan since 2009 -
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 28/07/10 19:01
If you know the basic story line of SC1 you can go into SC2 without problems. SC1 campaign is ok but is a little grindy (ie build base, mass force, kill opponents base almost every level)

SC2 campaign is "ok", though it doesn't feel much different to WC3 (similar level concepts with spawn points and triggers).

Some problems with graphics cards on lower settings too (causes overheating). Use Vsync if you gfx card is getting super hot/overheating.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 28/07/10 22:43
Guess I will be giving it a shot! The perfectionist in me wants to play the sc campaigns before i start SC2, but dont know if I will be able to wait with testing the new game.

I loved the wc3 campaigns, so that is good news Aleo Smile
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 28/07/10 23:50
Oh man. The SC2 story is awesome. And if you realy want a hard time play it on brutal. So far I've only played on brutal. I tested hard and normal but the gamespeed is slowed down so I find it better to play it on brutal because of that and I want the missions to be challenging. Doing them on brutal and still getting the mission achievement is sometimes a pain and very hard.¨

And if you want to catch up on the SC story. here is a 5 min recap Razz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQa8co522zc
I played through the sc campaign last week.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 28/07/10 23:55
I suck at starcraft tho, so brutal might be too hard! But I do agree, playing games at higher difficulties is a lot more rewarding.
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 29/07/10 02:05
darchon wrote:
I suck at starcraft tho, so brutal might be too hard! But I do agree, playing games at higher difficulties is a lot more rewarding.

Rewarding indeed. Hard missions feels like its just A move all the time. Brutal you have to micro your units a lot more. In the later missions the siege tank becomes a very vital unit in every mission to push and defend.
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 29/07/10 02:08
Kazzim wrote:
Oh man. The SC2 story is awesome. And if you realy want a hard time play it on brutal. So far I've only played on brutal. I tested hard and normal but the gamespeed is slowed down so I find it better to play it on brutal because of that and I want the missions to be challenging. Doing them on brutal and still getting the mission achievement is sometimes a pain and very hard.¨

Or in some cases close to impossible. I'm also playing on brutal and I don't think you're getting a better experience. More often I found brutal to be about "breaking"/learning the A.I, rather than the actual skillset.

I'm currently on the train and "fire wave" level and both are annoying.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 29/07/10 08:41
Aleo wrote:
Kazzim wrote:

Or in some cases close to impossible. I'm also playing on brutal and I don't think you're getting a better experience. More often I found brutal to be about "breaking"/learning the A.I, rather than the actual skillset.

I'm with Aleo on this one. Brutal feels like you are constantly outgunned and/or handicapped in one way or another, which is basically the main reason for the sudden increase in difficulty. In reality, it's an artificial increase. Hard is sufficiently challenging (imo), without necessarily being frustrating. Normal is well, too easy and relaxed and as for casual, I have no idea why anyone would want to even try it (the game almost plays itself :p).
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 29/07/10 11:49
You can kite almost everything to your base (ie to the welcoming arms of a well arranged killzone).

MMM swarm rapes Brutal on most maps, Train map you get all the diamondbacks, build a few more and can bunker up the railroad in two spots (Top near the expansion spot and bottom where the middle and bottom railroads are close to each other) to provide cover for your MMM swarm.

Marauders in bunkers + 2-3 SCV's repairing the bunkers = gg.

Ending was a bit disappointing tho, could've resolved the Tychus issue somehow differently, especially since you had a heads-up after some mission (Your 2nd in command mentions that Tychus's suit is rigged).

Anyway did I mention MMM swarm being op in Single-player?

*(MMM = Marine/Medic/Maraduer).
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 29/07/10 12:00
Tristanian wrote:
Aleo wrote:
Kazzim wrote:

I'm with Aleo on this one. Brutal feels like you are constantly outgunned and/or handicapped in one way or another, which is basically the main reason for the sudden increase in difficulty. In reality, it's an artificial increase. Hard is sufficiently challenging (imo), without necessarily being frustrating. Normal is well, too easy and relaxed and as for casual, I have no idea why anyone would want to even try it (the game almost plays itself :p).

Well I'm also doing that. I always save before I push out so if they attack my base when I'm gone I'll know where and when so I can prepare for it. I had the most trouble on the map when you have to support Tycus when hes using the Odin. He stormed every place before I got the chance to support him. So I did some other missions to get all research and better units and then I just build a lot of tanks and science vessels and stormed the place Razz
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 29/07/10 14:17
This game better be fucking good now that I bought a new comp (first laptop ever btw!) just to play this game.. Even though its mostly a mp game the sp better impress me! (though its hard to find a better sp RTS then SC imo).
Cookies + Beer = Win!
trig > Frequenter (301) > 29/07/10 16:48
lapin wrote:
This game better be fucking good now that I bought a new comp (first laptop ever btw!) just to play this game.. Even though its mostly a mp game the sp better impress me! (though its hard to find a better sp RTS then SC imo).

The story is pretty engaging, the graphics are pretty impressive (Remember we're talking of an RTS), let me just emphasize, the graphics on this are insane, better than most FPS games out there(Crysis material), and the Animations/cinematics are real time rendered 80% of the time.

Since I played the cracked version, I am going to be getting the full legit version of the game right now and try to play it on Brutal/Hard.

IMO this is the GOTY. Gj Blizz.
Hps > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (522) > 29/07/10 21:40
The last mission on brutal is ridiculous towards the end although the easy way to do it is use flame turrets/mercs = win, no need for anything else. Oh except for the artifact had to use it every time.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 29/07/10 22:23
FO with the spoilers bitches!
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 30/07/10 01:08
Hps wrote:
The last mission on brutal is ridiculous towards the end although the easy way to do it is use flame turrets/mercs = win, no need for anything else. Oh except for the artifact had to use it every time.

I had a realy hard time on the last mission aswell on brutal. Tho I just build 4 bunkers each side filled with marines and a ton of tanks with max upgrades and a ton of SCVs. And i used a lot of banshees to kill worms and Kerrigan. At like 95% I used the artifact and moved everything to the top platform and moved all buildings to block. I had a 99.8% wipe one time. That realy pissed me of.
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 30/07/10 03:29
ugh, I just realised (21 missions though) from the parade level that armory was available for a lot of missions. Would of made so many of the previous levels way way easier with upgrades on vehicles/air.
trig > Frequenter (301) > 30/07/10 05:03
Aleo wrote:
ugh, I just realised (21 missions though) from the parade level that armory was available for a lot of missions. Would of made so many of the previous levels way way easier with upgrades on vehicles/air.

LMAO xD

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: